Piano Lessons near Helston
Background history of Helston
As the most southerly town in the UK, Helston, Helston is also the second oldest town in Cornwall, the first being Marazion. The annual Flora Dance originates from the medieval period. In the 13th century. Helston is an inland town and access to the sea can only be made via Loe Bar, a ‘barrier beach’ believed to have been formed by rising sea levels. Helston is situated on the River Cober and is the gateway to the Lizard Peninsula.
Piano Lessons in Penryn
Background History of Penryn
Penryn was an important harbour exporting tin and granite in the medieval period. There is a wealth of history about Penryn, the town was founded originally by the Bishop of Exeter in 1216. In order to develop the influence of the church a religious college called Glasney College was built in Penryn in 1265. Glasney was destroyed in 1548 under the reign of Edward VI and the dissolution of the college was a determining factor in causing the Prayer Book Rebellion of 1549. It is said that the pride of Penryn’s institutional prowess never recovered after Galsney College was demolished and was a significant turning point in the towns long history. Now twinned with Audieme in France, Penryn is a bustling town full of history with buildings dating back to Tudor and Georgian times. The new educational establishments have brought new vitality, growth and development to the area.
Background History of Mawnan Smith
The village of Mawnan Smith has three churches. The church of St Mawnan and St Stephen is also known as Mawnan Church, the others are the church of St Michael’s built in 1876 and a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel in the centre of the village. It is thought that the name derives from the four working smithies which once served the local farms. The premises of the last remaining smithy were restored by The Mawnan Anvil Trust to remain a working forge and to promote other crafts, these include printmaking, ceramics and wood turning.
Piano teaching in Budock Water
Background History of Budock Water
The village and parish of Budock, also known as Budock Water is the nearest to Falmouth as it is situated only two miles away. The parish also includes the villages and hamlets of Lamanva, Treverva, Bareppa and Mongleath. Falmouth was also originally part of Budock parish.
1207 is the earliest recorded date of a rector in Budock. An earlier link to the Celtic saint, Budoc also exists, dating back to 470AD. The village also has a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel which was first built in 1814.
Joining the village is Budock woods, said to be a beautiful sea of bluebells at certain times of the year. The wild and wonderful Penjerrick Garden is another area popular with locals.
Piano lessons in Falmouth provide a healthy recreational balance to the many outdoor pursuits found locally.
History of Falmouth Information
Situated on the estuary of the river Fal, Falmouth is the third deepest natural harbour in the world. After it’s foundation in the Elizabethan period, Falmouth has since had a long and complicated history. Developed by the Killigrew family, Falmouth was developed as a port. The family mansion ‘Arwenack’ can still be seen at Grove Place where, in 1737, an obelisk was erected to honour the famous family. Falmouth was the home port to the Royal Mail Packet ships for approaching 200 years. After creation of the railway network late in the 19th Century, Falmouth became a popular seaside resort with tourism as an important part of it’s income.
Falmouth has a fantastic music scene and we can help you become a part of it.